Sunday, April 3, 2011

Happy Warmth

Song of the Day: What I Wouldn't Do--A Fine Frenzy

Surprisingly, I am extremely content at the moment. And the record shows that I have never ONCE in my life uttered that phrase during the chaos of Production Week. Yes, it's that time of year again. Our musical, Anything Goes, premieres on Friday which at times is a very scary thought. *shudders*

But right now I'm not even worried about that! Because I'm typing up this blog, sitting in my back patio at 8:30 on a sunday night. My car, Phoebe, claims that it's 73 degrees outside, which is truly amazing. Wasn't it just 37 degrees yesterday morning when I had to sit out in the cold at work? Wait, Grace. Don't think about that. Just focus on NOW. Because right NOW is incredible. 
I love warm weather! So much. And I think it's crazy how much it can lift a person's mood. I know for a fact, that during the dreary winter months I am a much more irritable person on average. I don't do it on purpose, but the season just has that sort of effect on me. But now that summer's in the air, it's the complete opposite. Summer makes me want to jump up and down and throw confetti in the air and give a dwarf a piggy back ride. And I truly can't wait for it any longer. Hopefully this excitement won't prolong the coming of it. 

This blog is going to be short--Not because I don't have anything interesting to say (I could just rave about warm weather ALL day long) but because I am at a steady race against the deteriorating battery life of my laptop.* Which frankly, annoys me because I could sit out here barefoot all night if I could! But I guess it's just technology's magic way of coercing me inside where some lemon curd cupcakes await me. Thanks technology--I'll never drop you in a bathtub or an ocean again. 

...I just got bit by my first mosquito of the season! I don't know whether to be annoyed or excited but I thought it should be documented either way. Now I'm going to smoothly segue into my next idea: Speaking of documentation, I'm going to start keeping tallies of certain things I do a lot. Don't worry, I'm not creative. I stole the idea from several other bloggers. I think I'm going to tally books I've read this year, flights taken this year, and CCB's (Cinnamon Crunch bagels from Panera's) consumed this year. Unless I get bored and decide to change.

Books read: 13
Flights taken: 5
CCB's consumed: 2 (despicable of me)




*Fun Fact of the day: I used to think a "laptop" was actually called a "labtop". I'm slightly Lysdexic. But I also thought that Volleyball was "Bollyball". Hmmm......

No comments:

Post a Comment