Saturday, November 12, 2011

Child Fun

Yesterday, my friends Kim and Will and I made a fort out of blankets and watched The Tree of Life inside. Building forts is probably one of the most nostalgic things a person can do. What child didn't construct a fort or "castle" at one time or another? I have spotty memories of my brother and I building seemingly massive (to us) forts in our living room, unfolding the couch, titling the armchairs, and possibly even duct taping some furniture together. It was quite majestic. I suggest, if you're ever in the creative mood, to build one yourself. It feels rather rewarding when you're done and can sit inside. Watch a beautiful movie, drink some tea, read a book by flashlight, and feel like a child. With every universal possibility at your fingertips.


No comments:

Post a Comment