Tuesday, December 13, 2011

12 Days Until Christmas

Hello! Again, I apologize for my somewhat sporadic attention paid to this blog. I promised myself to write more often but ever since I returned from Thanksgiving break in the city, I've literally been swamped with work. In fact, I should probably be working on my 6-page final research essay that's due Thursday instead of typing on here. But I'll think of this as a "warm-up" of sorts, to get the creative juices flowing. Other than having copious amounts of essays to write, exams to study for, and dance shows to rehearse, I've been in a particularly good mood due to the Christmas season, which is arguably my favorite time of the year! Yesterday Kim and I went to Michael's for room decorations, so now my bleak dorm room is bedazzled with fairy lights and my door is covered with penguin wrapping paper! Pair that with peppermint rooibos tea, my Harry Potter snuggie, listening to Tim Minchin's "White Wine in the Sun" on repeat, and watching old Christmas specials of Doctor Who and The Office and I'm practically the queen of all things festive. It would only be that much better if we had some snow on the ground. Ithaca's known for its snow and all we've had so far is a few wispies that are off the ground within 48 hours. I'd much rather have the snow come earlier and leave earlier than the other way around. So apparently it's not looking good for me. But hey, I'll be home in 9 days anyway. I'm already looking forward to it. Being lazy around the house, catching up on my Books to Read and Films to Watch list, making tea with mom, goodwill shopping and Doctor Who watching with Elizabeth, and getting to see everyone else I know and love. Just realizing it, this will be the first Christmas (and New Year's) that I've spent at home since maybe 2007? My family is always on our traditional travel escapade and festivus celebrations. But this year, we're not going to Seattle and Vancouver until mid January so it will be strange being in my actual house for the holidays when I'm usually in a hotel room. Sigh. All of this talk of being home for the holidays makes me anxious to finish up these bloody essays and finals. Curses to formal education! *rips textbook in half* *eats study guides* AND A HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL. xx

Current reads: Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk (just finished, actually. i highly recommend it, especially if you're a fan of the movie but haven't taken the time or effort to read the novel that started it all.)
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

Also, copy and paste this url for a delightful recipe and fall in love: http://www.loveandoliveoil.com/2010/01/chocolate-chip-cookie-dough-truffles.html

No comments:

Post a Comment